The FOUR WAY TEST

By R.J
Dad gave me a piece of paper today...which contained the Rotary Club's 4-way Test. He said when ever one has to make decisions in life just follow this simple 4 steps...it actually helps.
It's been translated in the 4 common languages here in Malaysia[BM,English, Chinese & Tamil]...but I'll just post the english version of it.

THE FOUR-WAY TEST of the things we think, say or do :
1] Is it the TRUTH?
2] Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3] Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIP?
4] Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?

It's actually a really good simple guide to help one make certain decisions in life. Though I have to admit following all 4 at times can be difficult esp the 4th one. One can only try to do their best to fulfill all 4 ^_^. I've got to work with it ...esp the 1st & the 4th ways *Grins* [ala in certain situations in my line of work...a bit of lying is needed].
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?