New Year ....New Look....New Begining

Photobucket

View of the Lake District Between Windermere & Ambleside

Since it’s finally the New Year (based on the Chinese calendar), I’ve decided it’s time for a new look. A new beginning one can say. Still a lot of bugs that need to be fixed…but slowly I will get there. HTML codes are much easier to tackle in comparison to CSS.

I wonder how everyone celebrated their new year this time. I was off this year, but being in the UK it was not a big deal. So just lepak with some friends.

Valentines this year was very weird. Was working in the morning and finished around 1500hrs before rushing up to change and meeting Aunty Susan and Uncle Gavin who came to visit me on V-day for 1 night. We took a drive down to Hawkshead and Ambleside which is on the opposite side of the lake before heading back to the hotel for an hour and a half of rest and getting prepared for dinner. Rakan kerja I yang perancis (A) teman I untuk dinner. Now both uncle and aunty ingat dia balak I. hahahaha. Dinner turned out really great, and I think some people in the hotel (well mainly in the restaurant) had tons of questions running through their heads. Hahaha. We sure like messing around with peoples heads don’t we.

The next day I joined aunty and uncle and we headed across the lake again. This time to Dove Cottage in Grasmere where the famous William Wordsworth used to live (his first cottage) where he lived in the beginning with his sister Dorothy and then his wife Mary and family friend Taylor Coleridge. I bet to most of you these names especially Wordsworth and Coleridge are known you. Taylor Coleridge is familiar to me mainly through his work called ‘The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner’, a lovely piece of work might I say. While Wordworth is very popular here in the Lake District as he helped ‘pen’ this location on the map. After that we drove through Ambleside heading to Coniston where we visited John Ruskin’s grave. Didn’t take any pictures of the grave as I have this thing about taking pictures of graves, mummies etc. One can say just my little way of respecting the dead and letting them R.I.P. Our last destination before heading back to The Belsfield Hotel was the Blackwell Arts and Crafts House in Windermere itself. One word to describe the place… ‘WOW’. The view was magnificent and the whole layout of the house was incredible. It showed riches for the people in those days. Susah want to express, one needs to see it for themselves to experience what I am talking about.

I shall end this post with the most famous poem in the Lake District by Wordsworth.

Daffodils

I wandered lonely as a cloud,
That floats on high o'er vale and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils-
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of the bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves besides them danced, but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee;
A poet could not but be gay
In such a jocund company.
I gazed and gazed, but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft when on my couch I lie,
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude,
And then my heart with pleasure fills
- William Wordsworth -
 

4 comments so far.

  1. Anonym Donnerstag, Februar 21, 2008 1:06:00 AM
    Your balak?! Siapa?!

    :P
  2. R.J Samstag, Februar 23, 2008 12:30:00 AM
    Kyels.... not balak la just fren. hahaha.
    why u and michy think really balak one :S
  3. Anonym Samstag, Februar 23, 2008 9:35:00 AM
    WTF is balak? =( Damn kolot I.
    Ah, i wanna go on a holiday too. I wanna go, i wanna go. Oo, current song addiction - Lifehouse - Simon. Entah kenapa.
  4. R.J Dienstag, Februar 26, 2008 12:23:00 AM
    [Steph] hahaha. tell u later on msn. come come go on holiday. I admit that song is addictive. meaning also dang yea:)

    Are u gonna help mama with the moving?

Something to say?