Hard To Bid Someone Farewell for Good

Category: , , By R.J
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Heaven Calls

It’s the 7th of June, I’m 7 days delayed from my original plan to start blogging again. So many things have happened since I last blogged.

Just recently I’ve lost a dear Aunt. Things are no longer the same knowing that she’s no longer with us physically. I grew up getting use to her presence with us since she was with us from way before I was born and she lived in the hotel with us. She was also part of the bridge that enabled me to still be in contact with dad after we moved from PD.

The heartbreaking news came on Saturday when dad called me at work. Heartbroken and with tears rolling down my face I had requested to leave work. The managers couldn’t do much but let me leave. Believe it or not, but that day, even the heavens were crying. Gaban picked me up from work, rushed into the house grabbed whatever cloths I could, feed Jackie, scattered the floor with newspaper and dashed off to PD. I’ve never seen dad cry and I swear to God I never want to see him shed a tear again! The whole funeral ceremony on Sunday and Monday was of a Hindu funeral. Though my aunt is Japanese (since dad’s half mixed and he’s a hindu), she requested for a Hindu funeral. Dad carried out all her wishes. Now her ashes lie below her alter in our PD house where dad and bro are till the 17th when we shall carry out her last wishes i.e. to have her ashes scattered in the deep sea. We delayed this as her sons will be coming down from Japan and it is important that they be there to bid their mother their final farewells.


Dearest Athai, though you are no longer physically with us, you shall always remain in our hearts and mind. To the heavens you have returned to be with part of your family. Knowing that the family awaits you above, puts a smile on my face. Few words I have to pen down as a lot I want to say are personal and shall I only reveal during our private talks Ne Obachan.


Con Te Partiro by Andrea Bocelli


 

3 comments so far.

  1. Julee Freitag, Juni 08, 2007 9:34:00 PM
    Im so sorry about the passing of your aunt, may her soul rest in peace.
  2. Anonym Montag, Juni 11, 2007 4:36:00 PM
    I'm sorry about the passing of your aunt.

    Off topic; uhm, the border seems familiar?
  3. R.J Dienstag, Juni 12, 2007 9:51:00 PM
    hey guys...appreciate the thought.

    Kyels..ya la...look very very familiar hahaha ;)

Something to say?