Alle la Switz....

Category: , , By R.J
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Unknown Calmness

Life has been great this whole week... well minus the annoying cold I have. Funny and annoying working with a flu because suddenly suddenly sure have to run to the back office and AACHOO!!! lol. Thank goodness we're running on low occupancy which enables me to run behind often if not kantoi. Dang my salary this month is going to be super duper low thanks to this low occupancy season. I bet some of you are wondering what does low occupancy have to do with our salary (well I assume ppl not in the hospitality industry will be haha). Well in short in Malaysia the payment scheme is simple for the hospitality industry. It will be Basic salary +Points. Basic salary is very low less than 1k and the points ranges from RM250 to RM450 or more depending on the hotel's policy or occupancy. The RM250 (is the lowest my hotel can pay us as per the contract). So right now we're working on our upsells as we get 10% of each upsell. Not very easy to do when you have a lot of complimentary stay guests who are well.... so kedekut. Hahaha you'd be suprise at how many guests actually ask us is the newspaper free? if yes I will take this and that. Like la the newspaper is expensive! And as far as I know no 5 Star hotel in Malaysia charges for newspaper for its hotel guests.

Moving on to a totally different topic. Have you ever missed a certain place before and the craving to go back there hits you so often? I'm missing Switzerland alot especially the lil town that I studied in....Neuchâtel. One of the things I miss greatly besides my friends and the KEBAB! ^_^" is ...du lac de Neuchâtel (Neuchâtel Lake). A place that offers such tranquility and the feeling is unforgettable esp for someone who loves the water like I do. Sitting by the lake or studying by the lake sure was nice and peaceful. I recall studying by the lake a lot thanks to the renovation noise pollution that was going on in IHTTI at that time. The lake and the restaurant up in Coop (Coop not Co-op) became our study spot. The pic above is a candid shot of the lake that I took with my battered Nokia 6680. A bit blury but I like picture.


DANG I MISS SWITZERLAND N' KEBAB too HAHAHA ^_^"







 

1 comment so far.

  1. Anonym Sonntag, Mai 06, 2007 6:48:00 PM
    Yes, it sure does look calm to me.

Something to say?