Rojak Post

Category: , , , By R.J
This post as the title indicates is going to be an update on the happenings that have taken place since the last post.

To all those who prayed for my friend C, I am forever grateful. Your prayers was heard by the Almighty and my friend is not only out of the danger zone and ICU but on the road to recovery ^_^". Now I just hope that the injuries sustained does not effect her physically especially her since she got stabbed in the kidney area. Once again those of you who offered prayers for her THANK YOU!! May God shower you with blessings!.

On to another note, I finally signed with the hotel I was working with since 1st of March and am now on 3months probation before becoming a permanent staff. Hehehe doubt that will happen because I plan to hand in my resignation letter before my 3months are up and fly to UK (if all works out). I am finally starting to enjoy my work mainly as now (well since last week), I have my own password to the OPERA PMS system. What the big deal you may ask? hahahah big! very big!! because now I can finally do check out and cashiering hahaha. Money money come to me!! (sadly cannot keep for myself) hahaha. So now next up is receiving the daily float which will enable me to totally handle all related cash issues that come my way. Though it also increases the headaches as money issues = headaches. Already a fellow new colleague has to pay the hotel back RM600 due to not charging the guest on certain things. Billing procedures at the hotel is a bit complicated due to improper routing systems done at times by the rsvn ppl and also due to accounts with Travel agents etc. So far RJ has not made any mistakes except missing a guest wake up call once (*touch wood* hope nothing does happen). oh yea now I am no longer known as a casual staff but as a Guest Experience Executive!! (hahaha title only nice... but its actually only the first level at the front desk).

Wah yesterday was such a torture for me at work. We had massive check out of 3 groups with over 250rooms and a busy check-in process as well as many of the rooms were not ready in time. On top of all that, I was in pain. Why? My backache came back on Saturday night. It came back with a blast that I wasn't ready to deal with. It prevented me from standing straight yesterday leaving me a bit hunched during my whole working period and of all days I to work a 10hour day shift yesterday thanks to my Rooms Division Manager. But work had to go on right, so there I was doing my work as usual, happily chatting with guests while checking them in/out but inside suffering unbearably the pain! I am only 24 23+ this year and already having so many probs sigh. But what to do, had to to that rock climbing thingy in 2002. Minus the injured back, the whole experience was unforgettable! Given the chance I would 100% go rock climbing again! hehehe.

Thought I could have a nice restful off day today but had to go to the hotel for HR issues in relation to no longer being a casual staff!! hahaha. Had my picture taken for the staff card, issued locker key access and opened a new bank account. Only thing pending now is visiting the docs.

Ever since yesterday, I have been craving to jump into the pool for a nice good swimming session. I need to start again and build up my stamina like I used to. Doubt I could complete 10 laps now. But swimming has to be put on hold for the time being. Hopefully next week when I'm doing the graveyard shift again I can get some good laps in during the day. Dang I wished I had a pool or access to the pool like I used to back in PD. I missed being able to jump into the sea or heading off to the Yatch Club in PD whenever I felt like it. Though I love life in KL alot sometimes I miss the good ol days back in PD.

Oh craps, I've got to go for another medical check up. This time it has to be done by the panel doctor that the hotel deals with. Crapo Crap! I hate having needles poked into me and I have to do it again!! *sobs sobs*. Anybody wanna teman me go ah?? Why la someone not here, if not at least not so tensed. Talking about someone... have you ever missed someone so much that sometimes you just don't know how to get over it. It has happened to me before but I would have to say meeting this someone has changed my life a lot. It has made me stronger than I was before on dealing with a lot of issues. No words can express how grateful/thankful I am for having cross paths with you ^_^".


Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler



Ok Time to go cook rice :( momma making noise already!

p/s: I'm thinking of taking up tennis. Should I? Always wanted to but never really had the chance.

*RJ lari-ing lintang pukang to the kitchen!!* :p


** Edited @ 2127 hrs**
Kena tag by Bananas Julee (hehehe true ryt coz u love banana emoticons). Well here it goes...


10 Things You Didnt Know About Me.
  1. I hate the Msian Hospitality Industry (or shall I say the mentality of most senior managers)

  2. I am no longer addicted to alcohol and cig.

  3. I have a tiny dent mark on my forhead thanks to being dropped by the maid when I was 2yrs old :(.

  4. I wanted to be a doctor as a kid and was given a real stethoscope by my doctor relatives.

  5. I still plan to carry the title Dr. one day, but not related in the medical line haha.

  6. I have sleeping disorder. hmm maybe this point you know haha. I crack my knuckles!

  7. I have super duper sensitive skin.

  8. I am liking my job very much!

  9. I was addicted to Junk food as a kid.

  10. I am in love with someone. hehehe (don't ask me who coz I will never tell!)


 

6 comments so far.

  1. kyels Montag, April 16, 2007 9:34:00 PM
    Go eat!
  2. The Pondering Introvert Dienstag, April 17, 2007 1:05:00 PM
    wahh 250 rooms so many, here haha 50 rooms one hotel :p
  3. R.J Mittwoch, April 18, 2007 1:19:00 AM
    [Kyels]
    hahaah
  4. R.J Mittwoch, April 18, 2007 1:19:00 AM
    [Michy]
    actually the hotel has over 400rooms. hehheheh. unlike kat switz.
  5. The Pondering Introvert Donnerstag, April 19, 2007 7:58:00 AM
    yea la here training as receptionist can online and watch movie :p
  6. Julee Samstag, April 21, 2007 8:45:00 PM
    Who are you in love with? Wah lan, next time dont want tell you my secrets anymoreeee! *sulks*

    Yes, i love bananas! :D

Something to say?