Random Rants From the Sky Above

By R.J
The entries below were typed earlier...but since I had no internet connection, they are being posted now.

xxx

Hallo From the Skies!

*This entry is written at 3:16p.m. from an altitude of 10668m.

Yup, as some of you may have already guessed,I am typing this from my MH009 flight from Zurich to KLIA. Yes you read correctly,RJ is flying back! ^_^.

Why am I flying back now instead of when I graduate in October? Good question! Some may say it is a waste of money, others, that I am insane and the rest gila? Do I care? Nah! people can say what they want,I know why I need to get back home even though it's only for 18 days.

I have been having so many things running through my head the pass couple of months,and it got worst this month until I decided I couldn't take it anymore or else I would crack and just end up messing up my BA (Hons) course further. Alternatives have been considered and some taken, but to no vain, and for 6 days massive headaches from non- stop thinking was all I could handle. Being the chicken that I am, I did not dare ask my folks to return home, but I guess mom sensed my 'depression' and suddenly decided to send me a sms that said, "Do you want to come back?" and I went like, "Can I?? It is expensive!" Well I guess you all know the ending since I am typing this thing from my flight.

At the moment we are flying over Ukraine. At the temperature outside is -41F and it is 9hours 17 mins till touch down at KLIA. This flights' suppose to be 11hrs 55mins. Damn long. Kind of a bummer when traveling alone. Suppose to be sleeping but being RJ, I cant sleep on flights. So am enjoying the magnificent cloud view from up above^_^. Taken some pic,hope they are clear. Will load them up later when I have the time, together with Chu's flight take off snaps that I took on the 30th of July.

Anyway I am going to continue watching movies. Maybe I will continue this post with movie reviews. Who knows hehehe *wink*.

Over n OutCurrent Time: 9:27p.m.(Malaysia) / 3:27p.m. (Switz)


Movie Review No#1 :Over The Hedge

Category: Animation / Comedy

Duration : estimate 85 mins

When the local animals discover that half their forest is now a new suburb, a raccoon named RJ (Willies) comes to the rescue. At first, the animals are afraid of humans, but under RJ's encouragement, they slowly venture over the hedge and discover a world for the taking.

Hahaha…yes yes they had to go name the raccoon RJ! *Fruz*. But the raccoon is cute.

Overrall out of 10, I would give this animation a 4 ½ only. It is funny yes,but a bit duh at some scenes. But if you're looking for a relaxing movie that doesn't use much of the brain power at all,then this is the movie.

Want to write more, but I'm feeling groggy. Am going to try get at least an hour of shut eyes.


Update:

Distance to destination: 4946mi

Outside Temperature: -45F

Current Time: 10:00p.m. (Malaysia) / 10:00p.m. (Switz)

To be continued??


Movie Review
#2 : She's The Man

Category: Comedy

Duration : estimate 105 mins

Starring : Alex Breckenridge, Amanda Bynes

When Viola's twin brother decides to skip the first two weeks at his new boarding school, Viola takes his place so she can try out for the boy's soccer team.

Ok that's the thing they wrote in the in-flight movie booklet. All in all, the movie is not bad, better than the earlier one. But it is a typical 'chick-flick'. I would give it a rating of 5 I guess. Nice to watch for relaxing I would say. But since I amm more of a Numb3rs. Millenium, CSI and other mystery movies/series fan, I would have to give it a low rating.

End of a really really short review ^_^.

Sleepless in the Sky?

Now isn't that a really original title? *duh* hahaha. I haven't slept well in the past couple of days, and I am so exhausted, but the sandman refuses to spare some sleeping dust *bummer*. My mind's still overworking thinking of so many things. Besides watching the 2 movies, I have looked at my dissertatio,got to rewrite parts of it a.s.a.p, re-do my questionnaires and then distribute them out to at least a minimum of 6 hotels. It all depends as I need to get back a minimum of 70 questionnaires, yes 70!! I am starting to regret doing a quantitative research, but then again, I wasn't planning to return home to Malaysia now. It's interesting when you want your mind to work it doesn't, but, the minute you want to relax or do something else it works full time with no breaks!

The flight back isn't that bad considering that the flight isn't overbooked. So I got the 36A seat by the window, as well as 36B as no one sitting next to me ^_^. So it's a very comfortable economy class flight back *grins*.

Lets see where this plane is currently flying over,hmm *waits for the screen to change*. *still waiting....*. Ah! There it is..FINALLY!. Currently flying...I think it’s Pakistan ( plane icon on the screen is exactly on over Ashkhabad. I don't know...I suck at geography!


Update:

Distance to destination: 3544mi (5700km)

Time to destination : 6hours 42 mins : ( (long more way to go)

Temperature Outside : -41F

Current Time: 12:01a.m. (Malaysia) / 6:01p.m. (Switz)

Time to go hunting for Mr.Sandman.


Good Morning Asia!

ETA in KLIA is 3hrs24mins. Not that long more till I will be on Malaysian soil again ^_^. Managed to grab about an hour worth of sleeping dust from Mr. Sandman, he was too stingy to give me more *sigh*. But it's alright. The view from the plane is beautiful,the lights in the cities below are very awesome to view from up here. According to the map thingy,I am currently looking over Calcutta. Interesting huh. I didn't know you could actually see the lights at this height. Then again,the last time I flew back from Switzerland,we got awful seats. Watched 3 movies already. But am just too lazy to write another crappy review hehehe. It's 2120hrs back in Switzerland,wonder what my friends are doing? Hmmm. Mei should still be on the train heading back to Leysin.

Hmm I wonder when they are going to start serving breakfast. Am getting kind of hungry already. Mana tak ye, they gave us lunch when we left Zurich and then no dinner and terus breakfast (which RJ is actually craving for). Ok la, aku cabut dulu. Going to let my laptop go back to bed,coz Friday is massive/ mega working period from the time I rise, till I complete the literature review for good! No more drafts. And then my questionnaires. Lepas to, Saturday- Monday distribute them. Collect ASAP. Analyze them, and then off to complete my methodology, findings , discussion and conclusion. Easier said than done actually. Hopefully I can stick to the plan. And hopefully, I can get the SPSS software for analyzing data somewhere in KL.

 

4 comments so far.

  1. Anonym Donnerstag, August 10, 2006 3:48:00 PM
    Hey, I hope that you are fine ... You know you can always talk to me. Hopefully by the time I come back you are still around for us to hang out!

    (:
  2. The Pondering Introvert Donnerstag, August 17, 2006 8:30:00 AM
    enjoy ya
  3. R.J Donnerstag, August 17, 2006 10:16:00 AM
    Kyels....thanks babes..yea I know *wink*.
    But these issues I need to resolve personally first:)
  4. R.J Donnerstag, August 17, 2006 10:17:00 AM
    Nyokk (Michy)....enjoy apa....gila with dissertation la. And I have 8 days to habiskan. Member coming on the 27th for cuti...so terpaksa. Balik switz...5 days later terus hand in. And now only kat Methodology MAMAMIA!! TOLONG~

Something to say?