A Tribute To Malaysia's First Lady

By R.J

Two days ago, I was awaken by the sound of heavy rain outside my window. I thought to myself,”Cool, finally it rains, at least it’s going to be alot more cooler around today.” Little did I know that the rain was actually nature’s way of moarning for the lost of our First Lady. Yes 2 days ago Malaysia lost their brave First Lady Datin Seri Endon Mahmood to cancer. She fought all the way, ever since discovering she had breast cancer in 2002. She returned to God at 0755hrs that day, but I know knew once mom told me at 1700hrs.

Little do I know about our First Lady except what was written in papers or what I saw on televisyn. One thing I know was what she had contributed to others especially those who are /were breast cancer patients. She had pushed for the PRIDE charity dinner in July. What a success it was. I know this for a fact because during that period of preparation etc to the date of the event I was training at JWMKL sales dept. Though not personally involved in PRIDE, we knew what was happening etc.

Our First Lady may have lost her battle to cancer but she never gave up the will to live. To all those out there who are suffering from cancer or maybe at risk of cancer, I leave you with something Lance Armstrong once said. The will to live is yours. There are always options.

…choose to look at death as an option- Lance Armstrong

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1949 to 2005

May Her Soul Rest In Peace

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?