The Path To Venture

By R.J
Lately I have been doing a lot of thinking about life. I know I portrait myself to most who know me as a lazy bitch with no purpose in life. Guess that was my fault for not showing them who I am and how I really felt about my life and all. That is all in the pass now, the future calls, though it never really mattered what people’s opinion was on me but more of what I thought of myself and what I’ve planned out for my life. Lately the plan seemed to have been altered and slowly leading me down another path. A path somehow I knew I would take but have been delaying the moment of arrival.

At the moment, I feel like an avalanche forcing its way down a mountain, crushing everything in its path. The elders seem to have different paths they want me to take, but my heart’s heavy. Funny how some small incident in life gets us thinking again about which paths to take. Should we take paths to please others or should we take the path that we dream so often off but never dare to venture on.

I have to make my decision soon. A long awaited decision, regarding the path I should take. I know the path to success and victory can only be reached once I’ve taken the path to freedom. Do I have the courage to venture out alone? That’s a minor hold back, something one has to overcome to be able to be victorious. Venturing out alone can be easily overcome but the fear of shattered hearts I shall leave behind due to my actions shall bind my heart with a pain one can only assume.

I leave you with a poem from a poet I could only meet by his works and in my dreams. It may not have been his best work ever, but what lies below has personal meaning to me.

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- Robert Frost -
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?